ESL Activities for Beginners Book 1 – Activities that will get your students talking and learning English!
Book 1 is a collection of tested ESL Activities for beginner language learners, with 12 of the most popular activities from our online store. These include small group activities, games for beginners, conversation activities, esl conversation games and more.
- All handouts included. No preparation! Saves you hours and hours.
- Use this package over and over. Saves you time and money!
- Complete instructions for TEFL Teacher. Everything is explained and ready to go!
- Ready to use in the classroom. Walk into the classroom and use it today.
- Handy Adobe PDF format.
- Involves and engages students learning English
These highly motivating activities promote a relaxed atmosphere where the students become involved in the content and learn to think in English.
- English as a second langauge Students become so involved they forget they are learning.
- Students retain more of what they learn because they enjoy themselves
- Students absorb concepts directly, and remember what they have learned.
- Students leave class with positive feelings, and look forward to coming back!
- Activity 1 — Do you have, Does she have – 10 Picture Activity cards with questions and
- Activity 2 — Singular and Plural question and answer exercise
Oral and written singular and
plural exercise with pictures.
- Activity 3 — Complete the Sentence
- Written question and answer exercise.
- Activity 4 – Group Question and answer exercise – Do you, are you question and answer
- Activity 5 – Group Questions and answer exercise – Printed cars for group question and
- Activity 6 –
What did you do on the weekend? – Oral and written Small Group Activity for esl students.
Past Tense Activities
- Activity 1 – Picture Cards
9 Picture cards with 4 questions each for English as a second language students to practice the past tense.
- Activity 2 — Written Exercise –
Writing Activity for the past tense — fill in the blanks.
- Activity 3 – Oral Picture Exercise Question and answer picture cards — 9 picture cards – 3 questions each. Includes vocabulary and answers.
- Activity 4 — Oral Question and Answer Exercise
5 pictures with 7 questions each. Can be done orally in groups, with the whole class or as a written exercise.
- Activity 5 — Role Play
Using 14 role play cards students have a conversation in small groups about their friend 5 years ago.
About our Activities
Our Activites were developed and tested in the classroom over a 7 year period, and are in use all over the world. Countries that use our materials.
Learning English with Laughter has been in business since 1997, selling ESL textbooks, curriculum and activities to teachers all over the world.
What our Customers Say:
Thanks a lot! I could download them, I have already used it several times in different classes it was FANTASTIC!!! Children like to learn English though games.
- Total of 12 fun and engaging activities for ESL beginner students
- Total of 36 pages of speaking, listening, reading and writing activities